Are you planning for a trekking adventure to the Himalayas of Nepal and are in search of the top 20 Best Treks of the Himalayas just to help you with the options? If yes we are here to help you with some exciting and enthralling trekking packages. The Himalaya trekking is a unique experience close to nature in the high altitudes.
There around hundreds of hiking trails in the Himalayas of Nepal. Just know that every route is unique, beautiful, and adventurous in its own way. Because each route has a story to tell and a beauty to represent. If you go deep into the meaning of the Himalayas, it’s much more than just a mountain peak. It represents the origin of people, life, and living. In the ancient era, sages would go to mountains to meditate for it was, and it is the best way of self-realization.
So, these mountains have not only lured sages in ancient times but the enthusiastic travelers in the present age. The snow-clad mountains, blue sky, wild landscapes, vast meadows, alpine forests, and the stunning scenery, Himalayas are the element that makes nature perfect. No doubt, Himalayas is the main reason for trekking in Nepal for travelers.
If you are amongst enthusiastic travelers and mountain lovers, then Nepal can be your favorite holiday destination. The thousands of towering mountains and the wild route that leads to them sum up to make Nepal a wonderful travel destination that’s worth it. Heaven Himalaya offers hundreds of exciting Himalaya trekking packages that would help you know more about the exciting aspects of Nepal. So, here’s the detailed study on the top 20 best treks of the Himalayas in Nepal:
Table of Contents
Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek in the Himalayas is one of the popular treks around the world. Who wouldn’t know about the glory of the mightiest Mt. Everest? It is the world’s highest mountain that stands tall at the height of 8848 meters. So Everest Base Camp Trek is all about walking up to the base camp of the world’s highest mountain. It’s a lifetime achievement that will test your willpower and endurance capacity but gives with the magnificence of high attitude terrain at the same time. One walks through Sagarmatha National Park enjoying the enticing views of mountains in the Himalayan region. The Sherpa culture and influence of Buddhism religion is the other glorifying aspect of this trek.
The journey starts with a flight to Lukla and traverses all the way through Sagarmatha National Park to Namche Bazaar and then to Tengboche. The trail climbs up to Everest Base Camp via Lobuche and Gorakshep. The highest point of the trek is Kalapatthar at 5550 M above sea level. This is an ultimate Himalayan journey that gives you in-depth insights into the Himalayas, Himalayan people, and Himalayan lifestyle. Magnificent views of sky dominating mountains like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Tawache, etc, glaciers, icefalls, and wild mountainous landscapes are the offering of this trek in the Himalaya. Thus, EBC makes it to the top of the list of 20 best treks in the Himalayas of Nepal.
- A walk to the base camp of the world’s highest mountain–the Everest
- Sherpa villages especially Namche Bazaar–the gateway to Everest
- Sagarmatha National Park
- Tengboche monastery
- Khumbu glacier/ Everest Base Camp
- Kalapatthar–a beautiful vantage point in the Everest region
- Breathtaking views of mountains such as Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Tawache, etc.
Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a fascinating trip that takes you through an admirable landscape full of lush hills, valleys, rivers, forests, and mountains. The trekking trail starts from the Himalayas in the foothills of the Annapurna and traverses through the charming villages full of traditional houses, cultivated farmlands, and ethnic people. Certainly, the Annapurna region is one of the best trekking places in the Himalayas of Nepal.
The trail takes you deep into the Annapurna Conservation Area which is home to diverse species of floras and faunas. Here, you can explore the biodiversity and soothe your senses with the magnificent views of mountains in the background. Throughout the base camp Annapurna trip, you will come across various stop points from where you can relish the undisturbed views of the Annapurna panorama. The grandeur of the great Annapurna massif is a major highlight of this Himalaya trek. Slowly and gradually, the trekking trail passes through the dense rhododendron forests and pastures to the Annapurna Base Camp.
Also, known as Annapurna Sanctuary, Annapurna Base Camp is a synonym of the natural paradise. The snowcapped mountains rising tall one over the other, one cannot resist but let their eyes wander from one peak to another. The base camp resembles a valley surrounded by mountain peaks such as Mt. Annapurna I, Mt. Annapurna South, Mt. Machhapuchhre, Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Pisang, Gangapurna Himal, and many more. Thus, ABC Trekking is one of the best trekking trails in the Himalayas of Nepal.
- The picturesque Pokhara city
- The beautiful Ghorepani village in the backdrop of the Himalayas
- Sunrise and sunset views along with the panoramic views of mountains from Poonhill
- Annapurna Conservation Area enriched with diverse floras and faunas
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Breathtaking views of mountains such as Mt. Annapurna I, Mt. Annapurna South, Mt. Macchapucchre, Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Pisang, Gangapurna Himal, etc.
- Walkthrough lush landscapes, forests, and ethnic villages rejoicing the Himalayan people
Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the classic journeys to the Himalayas. It allows you to experience the natural and cultural diversity of Nepal phenomenally. The trek follows a route of Marshyangdi valley and takes you from the deepest gorge of the world i.e., Kali Gandaki gorge to the highest mountain pass of the world i.e., the Thorong La Pass at an elevation of 5416 meters.
The trek is a fantastic retreat that showcases different aspects of the Himalayas in Nepal in a single go. With the wild riverbed, picturesque villages, and enchanting valleys enhanced by the mightiness of the towering mountains, the Annapurna Circuit Trek is a classic trek truly. Diversity in terms of landscapes, vegetation, climate, and geographical conditions is what one can expect for this trek.
The journey starts with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Jagat. From Jagat, the Himalayan trail climbs up to Pisang valley via villages like Dharapani and Chame. the trail follows the Marsyngdi river valley and climbs up to the dry terrain of Manang. From Manang, the path climbs up to Thorong La pass via the pastures of Yak Kharkha.
Thorong La pass is the highest point of the trek from where one can enjoy the classic views of mountains and glaciers in the Annapurna. Leaving the pass, the Himalaya trekking track comes across Muktinath, a spiritual hub for Hindu and Buddhists. The Himalayan hiking trip concludes with a walk back to Pokhara.
- The highest pass of the world–Thorong La Pass
- The deepest gorge of the world–Kali Gandaki gorge
- Variety in terms of landscape, climate, and vegetation
- Pisang and Manang Valley
- Muktinath–a popular spiritual center in the region
- Astonishing views of mountains such as Mt. Annapurna I, Mt. Annapurna South, Mt. Machhapuchhre, Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Pisang, Gangapurna Himal, etc.
- Traditional villages, traditional people, and Himalayan lifestyle
Langtang Valley Trek
Langtang Valley Trek is a journey full of excitement and adventure. The majestic views of mountains, wild landscape, and interesting Tamang culture are the salient features that make the short trek a unique trekking experience in the Himalayas. Likewise, Langtang is a multi-day hiking destination near Kathmandu.
Though the valley is easily accessible from the capital city of Kathmandu, the valley can still preserve its natural beauty and cultural essence intact. Dominated by the Langtang ranges, the trek takes you through an amazing terrain full of rhododendron forests, waterfalls, rivers, and snowcapped mountains.
During the trek, you will walk through the periphery of Langtang Conservation Area, which is home to various species of floras and faunas. Do not get surprised if you meet any red panda on your way because you might encounter one in the dense woods of bamboo. As the path traverses through the Langtang valley, one can notice the dominance of Tibetan Buddhism religion and Tamang culture.
Hiking up to Kyanjin Ri and visiting Kyanjin gompa is a joyful moment of the trek in the Himalayas. Besides, the cheese factory, traditional villages, and mind-blowing views of mountains like Langtang Himal, Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Naya Kanga La, etc sum up to make Langtang Valley Trek a lively memory. Further, the Langtang Himalaya hike can also be suitable for beginners who are into trekking and adventure.
- Scenic roadways trip to Syabrubensi
- Traverse into the rich ecosystem of Langtang National Park.
- Explore Langtang village and visit Kynajin Gompa
- Hike up to Kyanjin Ri for close views of Langtang Himal, Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Naya Kanga La and other mountains in the range.
- Visit Cheese factory
Manaslu Circuit Trek
This trek is a journey around the world’s eighth highest peak, i.e. the Mt. Manaslu. Opened in 1992, the trek caught instant attention from its fellow travelers because of its natural beauty and wilderness. The trek follows an off-beaten route full of charming villages, cultivated farmlands, forests, hills, rivers, and stunning mountain scenery.
In between Nepal and Tibet border, the trek exhibits the culture and lifestyle of both Hindu and Buddhist people. The trek is one of the classic treks of the Himalayas of Nepal that allows you to meander around Mt. Manaslu, which is one giant that rises above eight thousand. As the route is remote and physically demanding, the Himalaya trail gets a comparatively lesser number of travelers. Maybe that’s the reason the region can still maintain its natural authenticity intact.
The Manaslu Circuit Trekking starts with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Sotikhola. From Sotikhola, we follow a beautiful route that passes through forests, rivers, villages, and climbs up to the ridges. The trail goes through various villages and traverses into the periphery of the Manaslu Conservation Area. After around four days of the trek, one catches glimpses of mountains.
From Deng, the mountains get visible. There is a viewpoint at Narung village that offers panoramic and close-up views of Ganesh Himal and Mt. Hiunchuli. Further, the Himalaya trek follows a trail to Dharamshala vis Sanagaon. Finally, the trail climbs up to Larkya La pass which offers some enticing views of mountains and glaciers. Larkya La pass is the highest point of the trek. From the pass, we descend to Basisahar making a circuit around the Manaslu Himal.
- Drive along a scenic route to Sotikhola
- Budigandaki river gorge
- Manaslu Conservation Area enriched with biodiversity
- Manaslu, the eighth highest mountain in the world
- Cross Larkya La at an elevation of 5106 meters
- Enchanting views of mountains such as Mt. Manaslu, Lamjung Himal, Mt. Annapurna II, etc.
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is a favorite trek of the Himalayas of all time. It has got three key features–it’s short and full of natural scenery that includes mountains in the priority. Besides, this is also an easy Himalaya trekking best for beginners.
Imagine yourself at a point from where your eyes can capture panoramic views of mountains in the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range! Yes, it’s possible with Ghorepani Poon hill Trek in Poon hill, which has remained the evergreen vantage point in the Annapurna region. The trail that starts from the foothills of Annapurna traverse through a diverse route full of rhododendron forests, charming villages, cultivated farmlands, and mountain views.
The trek starts from Nayapul and climbs up via villages like Birenthanti, Tikhedhunga, and Ulleri to Ghorepani. At Ghorepani, one can get some insights into the Gurung people, their culture, and tradition enjoying the captivating views of mountains in the backdrop. Poonhill is the best location to watch the sunrise amidst the mountain ranges. The trek ends with a jovial descent along an attractive route to Pokhara via the popular village of Ghandruk.
- Shortest and easiest trek in the Annapurna region suitable for all
- The Pokhara city
- Scenic landscapes of the Annapurna region
- Ethnic villages, diverse people, and diverse culture
- Ghorepani and Ghandruk village
- Gurung villages and Gurung culture
- Sunrise views from Poonhill
- Panoramic views of mountains in the Annapurna region include mountains such as Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Macchapucchre, Mt. Nilgiri, and many more.
Everest Panorama Trek
Trek to Everest region is like a dream come true for various passionate trekkers, travelers, and mountain lovers. Mt. Everest, the highest mountain in the world, is one of the major highlights! Many passionate trekkers are laid back to opt for Everest Base Camp Trek due to time/ money constraint or their health issues.
After all, not that easy to climb to the height of the Everest Base Camp, the base camp of one of the tallest mountains in the world. So, for those, Everest Panorama Trek is a suitable option. Similar to Everest View Trek, it is a short and easy trek to the Everest region. The hike allows you to relish the close-up views of Everest along with other towering mountains in the region like Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Tawache, Mt. Thamserku, etc. Everest Panorama Trek starts with a flight to Lukla. The Himalayan trail then climbs up slowly and gradually via the Sherpa villages into the Sagarmatha National Park.
The trek follows the route of Phakding, Monjo, and Jorsale to the Namche Bazaar. Here, you can hike to Everest View Hotel and visit various monasteries, gompas, museums, and villages nearby. From here, the trail climbs up to Tengboche monastery. From this place, one can enjoy some enchanting views of towering mountains in the region, especially Mt. Everest, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Tawache, Mt. Thamserku, and other neighboring peaks.
- Short trek to the Everest region
- Close-up views of towering mountains in the Everest region include mountains such as Mt. Everest, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Tawache, Mt. Thamserku, etc.
- Flight to Lukla Airport
- Sagarmatha National Park
- Sherpa villages, Sherpa people, and Sherpa culture
- Namche Bazaar–the gateway to Everest
- Everest View Hotel and Tengboche monastery
Upper Mustang Trek
This Trek is a journey to the mystic land of the Upper Mustang. Also popular as the Last Forbidden Kingdom, the Nepal government opened the region for travelers only in 1992. Still, there is a restriction of 1000 visitors each year to this region.
The Upper Mustang region treasures a rich history that comprises Tibetan Buddhist religion, culture, ancient monasteries, caves, traditional villages, and traditional people. The long-walled city of Lo Manthang is the major attraction of this region. Not only being culturally rich but there are also countless reasons to trek to Upper Mustang.
Upper Mustang Trek introduces you to the remote Trans-Himalayan region with the dry desert-like landscape, wild rock formations, deep ravines, and towering mountains surrounding you. Besides, the myths and stories of this place are out of the world. As you travel through the region, you feel that you have traveled back in time. The region is still so traditional and ancient, with no touch of modernization from the outer world. Therefore, it is one trek of the Himalayas that is both a cultural trip and the adventure trip. Besides, there is road access to the area so, if you don’t want to trek, you can opt-out for an overland tour to Upper Mustang.
- Upper Mustang -The last forbidden kingdom
- The long walled city of Lo Manthang
- Arid desert-like landscape surrounded by mountains on all sides
- Ancient monasteries, caves, and gompas
- Traditional people, rich culture and lifestyle
Mardi Himal Trek
Launched in 2012, Mardi Himal Trek has become the favorite of almost all travelers who have opted for this trek. This trek is a gem that takes you deep into the Annapurna region to taste the wilderness of off-beaten routes and mountains. In a short time, you will stand right before the towering peaks in the Annapurna and surrounding ranges.
The hike takes you to the base camp of the beautiful Mardi Himal that lies just below the umbrella of the Machhapuchhre Himal. The hike not only offers the close-up views of Mardi Himal and Machhapuchhre Himal but showers captivating views of mountains that include mountains like Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Nilgiri, and many more.
The trek follows an off-beaten route through the hillside villages, terraced farmlands, forests, pastures, and ridgeline. Climbing up the ridgeline offers an opportunity to get some magnificent views of mountains. It has been the best spot for photographers to take photos and admire the glory of mountains. Mardi Himal is also the best point to observe the sunrise and sunset amidst the panorama of the mountains. Since it is a low-altitude trek, a novice trekker can go on this Himalayan trip. If you only have a week-long vacation, then Short Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek can also be a wonderful choice. The easy trails, wonderful mountain views make Mardi Himal trekking to the list of 20 best treks in the Himalayas of Nepal.
- Short trek in Nepal full of enticing mountain views
- Best Himalaya trekking for beginners
- Off beaten trekking route
- Rugged High Mountain landscape offers some stunning views of Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre Himal, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Hiunchuli, etc.
- Less crowded treks to Annapurna
- Mardi Himal Base Camp
- Glorious sunrise/sunset views
In between the Nepal Sikkim border lays a glorious mountain at an elevation of 8568 meters. It is none other than the sacred Mt. Kanchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world. Kanchenjunga Trek is a remote trekking experience to this third highest mountain on the earth. Though demanding, the Himalaya trek is an apple pie for risk-takers and mountain lovers.
The trek will test your strength, but the test is totally worth it. Himalaya trekking through the region offers an opportunity to traverse through a diverse terrain that ranges from the lush tropical jungles, alpine forests to the high glaciated terrain of the base camp. With the diverse terrain, you will come across diverse vegetation, biodiversity, wildlife, people, and their culture.
Kanchenjunga Trek is a restricted trekking area that requires a special trekking permit. The trail to the Kanchenjunga Base Camp passes through Arun valley which is one of the most beautiful sections of Nepal for trekking. Besides, the trek runs through the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area, which is a treasure of diverse floras, faunas, birds, and wildlife. On top of all, the Kanchenjunga journey can be one of the longest treks of the Himalayas of Nepal with around 25 Days.
- Walk through one of the most remote and less traveled Himalayan sections of Nepal.
- Kanchenjunga Base Camp, the base camp of the world’s third-highest mountain
- Yalung Glacier
- Diverse terrain that ranges from the lush tropical jungles, alpine forests to the high glaciated terrain of the base camp
- Physically demanding trek
- Arun valley
- Kanchenjunga Conservation Area
- Traditional villages, traditional people, culture, and lifestyle
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek
The Gokyo trek is a delightful trip that allows you to explore the endless beauty of the Everest region only. Mt. Everest, the highest peak of the world, has always been a charm of the Everest region, but many of us neglect the beauty of the Gokyo Lakes.
Gokyo valley is a magical place with many emerald-colored freshwater lakes surrounded by towering peaks on all sides. Imagine yourself standing at the Gokyo Ri and witnessing the magnificence of the blue sky, snow-clad mountains, glaciers, and pristine turquoise-colored Gokyo lakes, isn’t it a magical combo? Everest Gokyo Lake Trek can be quite challenging, but the captivating aura of the place is worth it. Hence, it makes to the list of 20 Best Treks of the Himalayas in Nepal.
- Off the beaten path of Everest region to the Gokyo valley
- Inspiring views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Tawache, etc.
- The spellbinding beauty of Gokyo valley
- Emerald colored Gokyo Lakes
- Sagarmatha National Park
- Everest Base Camp and hike to Kalapatthar
Tsum Valley Trek
Tsum Valley Trek is a mesmerizing journey to the majestic valley of Tsum in the Himalayas. Opened in 2008, the trek takes you to the sacred Tsum valley in the northern Gorkha district of Nepal. The name “Tsum” means vivid and reflects the vividness of the valley that lies in the backdrop of beautiful Ganesh Himal, Singri Himal, and Boudha ranges.
Hidden in the shadows of the mountains, the valley depicts the ancient art, culture, and religion that resembles that of Tibetan society. The physical features of locals and their dialect resemble the Tibetans because they all have Tibetan origin. The colorful prayer flags, mani walls, chortens, and stupas on the way reflect the Buddhism religion prevalent in the region.
As you travel deep into the valley, you come across the ancient caves and gompas that date to the century. Thus, hiking to the Tsum Valley allows you to experience the remote trekking of the Himalayas in Nepal.
- Walkthrough the Manaslu region into the less explored section of Tsum valley
- Tsum valley, a hidden jewel of the Himalayas
- Ancient gompas, monasteries, and caves
- Influence of Tibetan Buddhist culture
- Rachen Gompa, Mu Gompa, Gompa Lungdang
- Traditional villages, traditional people, and their unique culture
- Captivating views of Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Hiunchuli, Ganesh Himal, and other mountains in the range
Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
Tamang Heritage Trail trek is an enriching trek that takes you through a culturally rich Himalayan trail full of the Tamang community. Since, It is a great way to learn about Tamang people, their culture, and lifestyle in a scenic surrounding it is also blessed with lush hills, valleys, and mountains. Lying close to the Tibetan border, in between the Ganesh Himal and Langtang range, Tamang Heritage Trail is a superb combo of wild mountains, antique villages, and picturesque landscape.
So, One can enjoy the great hospitality of Tamang people, explore ancient monasteries and relish the creativity of Tamang people. The route begins with a drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi. So, the drive is followed by a walk towards the Tamang villages in the Langtang region. Throughout the trek, you will be blessed with some amusing views of mountains along with an interaction with the helpful and cheerful locals. Also, If you want to experience the Tamang culture by trekking to the Himalayas, then Tamang Heritage Trail Hike is the perfect fit.
- A cultural trek that gives you some meaningful insights into Tamang people living in the Langtang region of Nepal
- Stay at the local homestays and enjoy the great hospitality
- Explore Tamang villages
- Hot water springs at Tatopani
- Spectacular views of Ganesh Himal and Langtang Himal
Trekking to Khopra Ridge
Khopra Ridge Trek often called Khopra Danda Trek is an amazing alternative to Ghorepani Poonhill Trek. Unlike Ghorepani Poonhill Trek, Khopra Danda Trek is a less crowded, peaceful, and wild hike in the Himalayas. Khopra Danda is less known amongst adventure lovers, but the trek is getting popular day by day.
Travelers consider Khopra Ridge amongst the best vantage points in the Annapurna region. The hike follows a less-traveled route along the ridgeline to Khopra Danda. From the top, we see some magnificent views of mountains that include mountains such as Dhaulagiri Himal, Nilgiri Himal, Annapurna Himal, Hiunchuli, and many other mountains in the range. A hike to Khayer lake from the Khopra Danda is another major attraction of this Himalaya trek.
- Walk from low altitude lush tropical terrain to high altitude terrain
- Ridge walk accompanied by stunning views of mountains
- Panoramic views of mountains in the Annapurna range along with the great Annapurna massif
- Off the beaten trail that passes through remote villages and wild forests
- Hike to Khayer Lake via Khopra Ridge
- A less crowded trail in the Annapurna region that is getting popular day by day
Makalu Base Camp Trek
Until 1950, Makalu Himal was unknown or very less known to the rest of the world. Still, the Makalu region is amongst the less-visited sections of Nepal. Though remote, the region is a darling place in the Himalayas for enthusiastic trekkers and nature lovers.
Makalu Base Camp Trek takes you to the base camp of Mt. Makalu, the fifth highest mountain in the world. The trek to the Makalu Base Camp runs through the Makalu Barun National Park, which is recognized for its natural richness and biodiversity. The rugged route full of exciting and enticing mountain views is what one can expect from this Himalaya trekking.
The trek is not so easy! It’s demanding, physically and mentally. However, the astonishing views of lush hills, valleys, forests, rivers, villages, and mountains make the trek worth it. The trek takes you up at an elevation of 4200 meters to cross Shipton La, which is not a joke at all. But the captivating views of mountains and mountainous terrain from the pass are spellbinding. One can enjoy the panoramic views of the world’s highest mountains like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Chamlang, Mt. Baruntse, etc. Thus, Makalu Trek cannot be a superb choice for beginner hikers but is one of the best hikes deep in the Himalayas of Nepal.
- Walk past a beautiful trail full of rhododendron forests, hanging glaciers, waterfall, and Himalayan views
- Sherpa and Rai villages
- Makalu Barun National Park
- A rich ecosystem with diverse species of floras and faunas
- Panoramic views of the world’s highest mountains like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Chamlang, Mt. Baruntse, etc.
- Makalu Base Camp and Shipton La
Annapurna Tilicho Lake Trek
Annapurna Tilicho Lake Trek is an incredible journey full of adventure, fun, and mountain views. The journey begins with a peaceful day walk along the Kali Gandaki River and follows the Marshyangdi river valley. The trail further traverses through Pisang valley to Manang. From Manang, the trail diverse from the primary route of Annapurna Circuit Trek to the Tilicho Lake.
The trail climbs up to Tilicho Base Camp, a rising trekking destination in the Himalayas, and then to the lake. The serene lake water in the shadows of the mountains, spending time in the bank of Tilicho Lake, is indeed a rejuvenating experience. After exploring the lake, the trail descends to Pisang and joins the principal route to the Thorong La Pass via Yak Kharkha.
Thorong La pass at 5416 meters is the highest point of the Tilicho Lake trek that offers some amazing views of mountains and mountainous terrain in the Annapurna region. Finally, the Himalayan trail descends to Muktinath and then to Pokhara city via Jomsom.
- Make a circuit around Annapurna massif
- Trek to Tilicho Lake, the world’s highest lake
- Cross Thorong La Pass, the highest pass in the world
- Traditional villages, ethnic people, their culture and traditions
- Diverse terrain full of magnificent mountain views
- Muktinath temple
- Panoramic views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Hiunchuli and many more.
Himalaya Trek to Dhaulagiri
Dhaulagiri Trek is one of the extraordinary trekking challenges in Nepal. It is demanding, but highly adventurous at the same time. It is not for the novice but for the experts who will take challenges at every step of the journey. The trek will test the limits of the fellow travelers at every level, but the willpower of the trekker will take them to some stunning locations across the glaciers amidst the high passes and towering peaks.
Dhaulagiri Trek is the trek to the base camp of Mt. Dhaulagiri, the seventh highest mountain in the world. During the trek, you will travel through one of the isolated, and least traveled sections of the Nepalese Himalayas.
The trek starts from the Kali Gandaki gorge and climbs up through a lush landscape full of remote villages, farmlands, and forests. As you move higher, you will come across the stunning presence of the mighty Mt. Dhaulagiri. Walking up to the Italian Base Camp and crossing the French pass to Dhaulagiri Base Camp is a major highlight of this trip in the Himalayas.
- Walk past the remote sections of Nepal.
- Explore the traditional people, their culture, and tradition
- Outstanding views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna massif, and other surrounding peaks.
- Italian Base Camp
- Cross French Pass and hike up to Dhaulagiri Base Camp
- Enjoy the fun and real adventure of the camping trek
Everest Chola Pass Trek
Everest Chola Pass Trek is amongst one of the challenging Himalaya treks in the Everest region of Nepal. It takes you deep into the Everest region and lets you experience different aspects of the region. First, it will take you to the Everest Base Camp to admire the grandeur of the world’s highest peak and then you will cross Chola pass which is one of the highest mountain passes in Nepal.
Crossing the pass is not a simple task! It requires patience, dedication, willpower, and endurance capacity. Moreover, the Chola Pass trek takes you to the beautiful valley of Gokyo, where you can enjoy the alluring views of Gokyo lakes in the backdrop of the beautiful Himalayas.
- Walkthrough the stunning terrain of the Everest region
- Vibrant Sherpa villages and Sagarmatha National Park
- Everest Base Camp and hike to Kalapatthar
- Astonishing views of mountains in the Everest region such as Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Tawache, Mt. Nuptse, Mt.Lhotse, etc.
- Cross Chola pass
- Walk towards Gokyo Valley and hike to Gokyo Ri
- Beautiful Gokyo lakes in the backdrop of the Himalayas
Trekking the Three Passes in the Everest
Everest Three High Passes Trek is amongst the tough treks in the Everest Region. The trek starts with a flight to Lukla and traverses through the Sagarmatha National Park to Everest Base Camp. Also, this trek allows an opportunity to cross three high passes, namely the Kongma La pass, Chola pass, and Renjo La pass.
So, the trail of this trek is beautiful in all ways. The mountain views, mountainous terrain, and Sherpa culture are the major highlight of this journey. Crossing the mountain passes over 5000 meters is not a simple task! It requires hard effort and endurance capacity. So, the magnificence of mountains, glaciers, valleys, and high-altitude terrain is a reward to the trekkers for their tough effort. Though a challenging trek, three passes trek makes it to the list of the 20 best treks in the Himalayas of Nepal because of the wonderful mountain vistas and thrilling adventures on the way.
- A challenging and adventurous trek to the Everest region
- Cross three high passes above 5000 meters, namely Kongma La pass, Chola Pass, and Renjo La Pass
- Mountain views, stunning mountainous terrain, and Sherpa culture
- Sagarmatha National Park
- Magnificent views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Tawache, etc.
- Gokyo valley and Gokyo Lakes
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
Langtang Gosaikunda Lake Trek is a combination of two treks, namely Langtang Valley Trek and Gosaikunda Lake. So, the region is one of the outstanding regions of Nepal in terms of its natural glory and cultural richness. The wild Tibet-like plateaus, mountains, and glacier views! Who wouldn’t want to get dissolve in the immense beauty of this nature? The trek starts from Syabrunbensi and climbs up the route to Langtang valley. Since Gosainkunda Lake is a sacred lake for Hindu pilgrims, it is also a religious trek to the Himalayas of Nepal.
Also on the way, we pass various villages, farmlands, rivers, waterfalls, and forests of Langtang Conservation Area to the valley. In the valley, we explore the traditional villages, interact with locals and climb up to Kyanjin gompa. We visit the gompa and a popular cheese factory near the village. Then, we climb up to Kyanjin Ri for amazing views of mountains in the Langtang range.
Finally, we walk up to Gosaikunda, a holy lake in the backdrop of the beautiful Himalayas. It’s truly an overwhelming moment to be at a location that is nothing less than a paradise. Wrapping up with the journey, we descend to Syabrubensi and end the trip to Langtang and Gosaikunda.
- Langtang Conservation Area
- Langtang valley, cheese factory, and Kyanjin gompa
- Hike to Kyanjin Ri for amazing views of mountains such as Langtang Himal, Dorje Lakpa, Langtang Lirung, and other mountains in the range.
- Gosaikunda Lake
- Traditional villages, Tamang people, their unique culture and tradition
- Influence of Tibetan Buddhist religion
So, these were the list of 20 Best Treks of the Himalayas of Nepal. The best time for Himalayan trekking is between March to May & September to November. Besides, Heaven Himalaya is one of the best Himalayan trek organizers. So, for any kind of trekking and travel activity in Nepal, please remember us, your reliable travel companion. We are always here for your help!