Nepal Tourist Visa
Tourist Visa to Nepal can be easily obtained on arrival at the international airport or custom offices in Nepal. However, there are some restrictions for a few countries. Tribhuwan International Airport is the only international airport in Nepal that facilitates tourists entering Nepal by providing tourist visas on arrival. The procedure of obtaining the Nepalese tourist visa is quick and straightforward. You may have to stand in a long queue during the peak tourist season in Nepal. However, if you wish to avoid the line, you may obtain a visa from the Nepalese Diplomatic Mission in your country before you arrive in Nepal.
Entry points in Nepal
You can enter into Nepal via airways or through the roadways. For the tourists flying to Nepal, Tribhuwan International Airport is the only international airport in Nepal. For those who enter into Nepal via roads, the following are the entry points
Eastern Nepal – Kakarvitta, Jhapa
Central Nepal – Birjung, Parsa
Northern Border – Kodari, Sindhupalchowk
Western – Rupandehi/ Belhiya, Bhairahawa
Mid-western – Banke/ Jamuna, Nepalgunj
Far western – Mohana, Dhangadhi in Kailali / Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar in Kanchanpur
*Note – You can get a visa on arrival at the immigration entry points at the border while entering into Nepal via roadways.
However, the nationals from the following countries are requested to obtain visas from the diplomatic mission nearby them from their home country before arriving in Nepal.
List of Countries whose nationals are not eligible for on arrival visa
- Refugees with a travel document
Documents required for obtaining Nepalese Tourist Visa
- A valid passport, i.e. your passport should have at least six-month validity.
- A filled visa application form that is available at the immigration entry points
- Two passport-sized photos
- Visa fees
Steps for obtaining a Nepalese tourist visa
- Fill up the application form.
- Pay the visa fees and get a receipt.
- After submission, you will be able to obtain a visa for 15, 30 or 90 days as per your requirement.
For 15 Days – 30 USD
For 30 Days – 50 USD
For 90 Days – 125 USD
You can extend the visa for a minimum of 15 days by paying a lump sum amount of USD 45. If you intend to stay only a few days extra, you can extend visas by paying USD 3 per day for the additional days of stay. In case of delay of up to 150 days for visa extension, USD 5 per day shall be charged as a late fee (fine).
Furthermore, You may also choose to apply online for a tourist visa here.
Gratis Visa (Visa for free)
In case of the following applicants, Nepal tourist visa is issued free of cost
- Children below ten years (not applicable for US citizens)
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year (except Afghan nationals). However, Afghan nationals are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of the Department of Immigration.
- Non Residential Nepalese (NRN) card holder (issued by Ministry of Foreign Affairs /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals
For more information, please visit the official site of the Department of Immigration in Nepal.
- Staying in Nepal without a visa is illegal
- Visa fees should be paid in cash
- Visa fees once paid is non – refundable
- For child below 10 years of age, visa fees are not applicable, but they should obtain a valid visa
- Always carry a passport with you during your travel in Nepal
You can likewise explore our popular trekking packages around Nepal. We look forward to welcoming you.