When deciding what goes into your bag, it is important to check out the characteristics of the trek which you are going to undertake and the season/month in which you are coming to Nepal. The trekking packing list can make your trek best and sometimes worse if you do not pack all the things.
Important facts to consider before packing
Make sure you check these facts before packing your trekking bag.
- Weather condition (dry or wet season)
- Day time and night temperature
- Maximum altitude for the trek
- Characteristics and conditions of the trails
The weather in each trekking season in Nepal is unique so, knowing about what to expect in each season is the cherry on the cake.
The clothing and equipment to bring must be suitable for the trek and season. Tabulated below is a list of general items for your reference. Nevertheless, do keep in mind that:-
- Most trekking trails in Nepal are steep and some could be slippery; and
- Sometimes it gets freezing in the mountains at night and the temperature could fall below the freezing point even in spring or in autumn and depending on the altitude you are hiking at.
List of Trekking Gears
|Head, Face & Neck||Upper Body|
- We can provide you with a duffel bag, sleeping bag, and down jacket upon request. You shall return these items upon completion of the trek/climb.
- We will also provide a basic first aid kit; however, if you are taking some medicines regularly or are using specific medicines because of allergies, please remember to bring them along with you.
If you cannot get some listed items or have forgotten to pack them in your bag, don’t worry as there are plenty of shops in Kathmandu where these items can be easily purchased at a reasonable cost and quality.
Support for Sustainable and Responsible Tourism
To support our mission and actions in embracing sustainable and responsible tourism for the long-term benefit of local people and the environment, we urge that you:-
- Use energy-efficient equipment whenever possible
- Bring along reusable water bottle, toothbrush, and other personal items to lessen trash impact
- Reduce the use of plastic bags
- Travel light and limit the weight of your backpack for the safety and health of our porters. For your information, a porter can carry up to a total load of a maximum of 25 kg per 2 customers.
Read more information about our Sustainable and Responsible Tourism Statement